Friday, June 19, 2009

Osman Can Ozcanli - Osman Can Ozcanli Design Studio

Today Gigs at Startups is interviewing Osman Can Ozcanli founder of Osman Can Ozcanli Design Studio and Kancept.com.


Months active: as of June 2009 - 20
Startup #: 4
Location: Izmir, Turkey



Gigs: What is Osman Can Ozcanli Design Studio?

Oz: I work with companies that want to increase their brand value. A
customer would call me and ask me to come up with a product for them
that will be famous world wide. After some design research, I would
design the product and with my team of engineers we would build it in
about a year. Other projects I am working on include: ozpack (a
bookstrap company I founded), kancept.com (a website where designers
can upload and get feedback on their designs), transparent toaster (an
invention of mine that I am working to build and sell)



Gigs: Why did you start Osman Can Ozcanli Design Studio?

Oz: I believe what you do best, and what you have fun doing needs to be
your business.

What I do best is creating products that get a lot of media attention.
I naturally create entertaining products. What I also love is
challenging projects that are seemingly impossible to achieve. I am
currently working with a Kitchen&Bath company from Turkey and we are
working together to build a very exciting product. I cant begin to
tell you how amazing and fun of a project it is. For an outsider, It
would be seemingly impossible to even build a functioning model. But
its this anything is possible attitude that we have here that will
make it a success. And thats exactly what makes it fun.

You've worked at a startup and founded a few yourself, what advice would you
give to people that are trying to decide to start their own company or join
an established startup?

Find a niche, and be the best at it in the world.



Gigs: Anything else we should know?

I think working for a successful startup before starting your own
might be a good idea. I learned so much working at Inventables both
technically and professionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment